Difference between revisions of "KB:Dictionary"
From TheHostingTool Wiki
|Line 11:||Line 11:|
Revision as of 12:04, 28 November 2009
- Apache: A web server daemon used to serve web pages over HTTP. PHP serves data through Apache.
- API: Application Programming Interface. This is an interface that a application utilizes in order to make parts of it available to other applications.
- Cron job: An automated task run on a Unix/Linux/BSD computer. Required for paid hosting and post2host to work properly.
- cPanel: A webhosting control panel that helps to maintain your site with a web-based GUI.
- cURL: A URL transfer library required by TheHostingTool to communicate with WHM (see below)
- DirectAdmin -- A control panel for managing web sites and hosts, similar to cPanel/WHM
- GUI: Graphical user interface
- httpd: See "Apache"
- MySQL: A database system that is required by TheHostingTool.
- OOP: Object Oriented Programming
- PHP: PHP Hypertext Preprocessor, a web-based programming language. A necessity for TheHostingTool to function.
- SQL: Structured Query Language
- THT: TheHostingTool -- refers to the WHM automation script we're writing this documentation on.
- WHM: The Web Host Manager which allows license holders to create shared hosting accounts. It is possible to create, suspend and terminate accounts without an automation script, but is hard to manage if you do so.
- XML: EXtensible Markup Language
- XML-API: The WHM XML-API used by THT to communicate with WHM through cURL. TheHostingTool also implements its own XML-API.