Difference between revisions of "KB:Dictionary"
From TheHostingTool Wiki
|Line 31:||Line 31:|
* '''PHP''': PHP
* '''PHP''': PHP, a web-based programming language. A necessity for TheHostingTool to function.
Revision as of 18:43, 20 February 2010
- Apache: A web server daemon used to serve web pages over HTTP. PHP serves data through Apache.
- API: Application Programming Interface. This is an interface that a application utilizes in order to make parts of it available to other applications.
- Cron job: An automated task run on a Unix/Linux/BSD computer. Required for paid hosting and post2host to work properly.
- cPanel: A webhosting control panel that helps to maintain your site with a web-based GUI.
- cURL: A URL transfer library required by TheHostingTool to communicate with WHM (see below)
- DirectAdmin -- A control panel for managing web sites and hosts, similar to cPanel / WHM, which maintains sites with a web-based GUI
- GUI: Graphical User Interface
- httpd: See "Apache"
- MySQL: A database system that is required by TheHostingTool.
- OOP: Object Oriented Programming
- PHP: PHP Hypertext Preprocessor (recursive acronym), a web-based programming language. A necessity for TheHostingTool to function.
- SQL: Structured Query Language
- THT: TheHostingTool -- refers to the WHM automation script we're writing this documentation on.
- WHM: The Web Host Manager which allows license holders to create shared hosting accounts. It is possible to create, suspend and terminate accounts without an automation script, but is hard to manage if you do so.
- Wiki: It's complicated. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiki
- XML: EXtensible Markup Language
- XML-API: The WHM XML-API used by THT to communicate with WHM through cURL. TheHostingTool also implements its own kind of API.